How to Play
Players: 2 or more
Time to play: 5-10 minutes
What you need: 1 game board per player,
2 brown rhythm dice (2 dice per player if
you want a shorter game.)
During your turn:
- The first player rolls both rhythm dice. The player can then cross off the value of the beats of either die or combine the total beats of both dice and cross off one number in the first box. EXAMPLE: If the dice rolled were a dotted half note (3) and a quarter rest (1), the player could cross of EITHER a 3 or a 1 OR add them together and cross off a 4.
- The same player then continues to roll the dice and cross off numbers in the first box until the player rolls and cannot cross off any more numbers.
- Add the total square crossed out in the first box and write that number inside the box. Pass the dice to the next player.
- The rest of the players take turns rolling and crossing off numbers in the first box. When everyone has finished crossing off the first box the first round is over.
- Continue playing rounds until all the boxes are full.
Winning the game: Add the numbers in the boxes together. The player with the highest score is the winner.
Variation: Each player has his own set of dice and all the players play at the same time. When everyone is finished the person with the highest score is the winner.
Strategy: The higher numbers are harder to get so cross off number combinations first before single numbers. The only way to get an 8 is with two whole notes and the only way to get a 7 is with a whole note and a dotted half note.